Monday, August 21, 2017

Review: THE LOVE INTEREST, by Cale Dietrich

I really wanted to like this. Really, really wanted to. I love the premise (especially the new take on the love triangle) and had looked forward to this book for a long time. Unfortunately, I had to give up around the halfway point. The dialogue was awkward and unrealistic, and it suffered from "As you know, Bob" syndrome--and that added up to me rolling my eyes more often that I should've. Because the premise intrigued me so much, though, I did jump to the end after I decided to set this down (Spoiler alert: I found even more disappointment at the end). This book is unique and interesting, but I'm unable to give it a glowing review.

Stars: 2.5/5
Recommended for: People interested in YA spy stories and LGBTQ characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment