Sunday, January 5, 2014

Feckless Agent Searching

A long weekend of agent searching did not bear as much fruit as I had hoped. The first agent that matched my interests was one I came across by chance, thus making me think that there were many potential agents in my field that I would have to narrow down. Categorized bookmark folders were prepared and the search began...and kept going...and kept going...until I had searched through hundreds of potential agents and had bookmarked only two and a half agent webpages. (That "half" agent fits my interests perfectly but is only interested in e-publishing; while that's not entirely out of my field of consideration, I'd prefer to start with agents who can help me publish both online AND in print.)

A friend of mine claims I'm being too picky with agents. That's possible, but...it seems as though all agents I decided to not contact really would not have been interested in my work. There's no point wasting my time and theirs.

So please, dear readers--If you know of any agents interested in New Adult LGBT manuscripts that contain explicitly dark themes (i.e., domestic violence and rape), I'd love if you could point me in their direction.


P.S. I came across an agent seeking NA LGBT submissions set during World War II, preferably with a time travel element. I got a good laugh out of that. I'd be interested (and impressed) to see if she ever gets a single submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment