Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Review: THE PORCUPINE OF TRUTH, by Bill Konigsberg

Bill Konigsberg has done it again--he's drawn me in to a well-structured plot and characters so vivid I can feel them. I had trouble putting down THE PORCUPINE OF TRUTH from the start. I immediately fell in love with Carson and Aisha, and I wanted nothing more than to follow them on their journey, in whatever form it took (and what a journey it was!). As usual, Konigsberg did not hold back on the realism. He left me feeling satiated, even though he didn't wrap up the characters' stories with neat little far-fetched bows. He has a true gift for giving readers what they don't want, but satisfying them in a way they couldn't imagine. I look forward to reading all of this author's future books.

Stars: 5/5
Recommended for: A must-read for anyone who loves contemporaries mixed with a bit of mystery. Though aimed at a YA audience, this book also contains a lot for adults to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment