Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Review: THE TIME MACHINE, by H.G. Wells

THE TIME MACHINE is a good book for its time, but it's probably not something that would be published by today's standards. The build-up is slow, and the climax lacks intensity. The second-to-last chapter (the future of the future) was almost entirely unnecessary. I do love how Darwinian Wells's vision of the future is, though the racism and sexism that accompanies that Darwinism are cringe-worthy. I enjoyed the creativity of this story, and, even more so, I loved the "what-if" questions that THE TIME MACHINE provokes. I gave this book three stars because of my constant internal debate about whether the book as a whole was good or bad.

Stars: 3/5
Recommended for: Anyone who enjoys classic literature

No comments:

Post a Comment