Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU, by Celeste Ng

EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU is a subtle thrill ride that will have you on the edge of your seat. It follows the story of five family members, four of which are reacting to the death of the fifth. Each character is unique and compelling, each adding their own haunting background to the mix. The prose is simply beautiful, the story simply powerful. Celeste Ng manages to put her readers in the shoes of five different people, creating five different perspectives of the same event. It would be impossible for me to choose one perspective that I liked most, as all of them were given their justified spotlight. My only drawback with this book was how often the perspective shifted, which was oftentimes within the same paragraph; the constant back-and-forth could at times make me lose my bearings.

Stars: 4/5
Recommended for: general fiction readers who enjoy the exploration of family dynamics

No comments:

Post a Comment