Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, by Becky Albertalli

I'm kicking off my "Short and Sweet Book Reviews" series with my most recent read: SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA, by Becky Albertalli


A perfect take on modern-day teens and coming out. This book does a great job of incorporating humor and heartbreak, while sticking to a realistic portrayal of what it means to be a gay teenager today. However, one doesn't have to be gay to enjoy this great book, as it will appeal to a wide audience. The only drawback for me what its slight predictability; I loved the ongoing mystery of who Blue might turn out to be, but the options for the true identity were rather limited. I kept turning the page to find out who Blue was, but I must admit I wasn't surprised when it was revealed.

Stars: 4/5 
Recommended for: Anyone interested in young adult contemporaries with a touch of mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment