Sunday, October 15, 2017

Review: INVICTUS, by Ryan Graudin


Time travel and dimension jumping? Heists on the Titanic? Gladiators at the Colliseum? Red Pandas as pets? Yes, please!

INVICTUS was a really fun read that will make your head spin. I loved the well-formed characters, the alternating POVs that offered a multidimensional perspective (no pun intended), and the spot-on writing that kept me locked in. I must admit that some of the technical-talk jumping made me question the plausibility of some scenarios, but for the benefit of the doubt I'm leaving this confusion to my own shortcomings. The author definitely made up for all that with an intriguing and promising premise that didn't let me down. I've never read Ryan Graudin's books before, but after reading INVICTUS I will definitely look into her other works.

Stars: 4/5
Recommended for: Anyone who loves twisty time travel stories with a contemporary young adult feel
.

No comments:

Post a Comment